} Rider on the Wheel: Placement

banner

Wednesday, February 08, 2006


Placement

Hello reader(s)

I have just had my first few days at placement, so here I am, just about to tell you all about it. I am currently based at the Haywood hospital on a Neuro- rehabilitation ward, so it has been very interesting as we have been dealing with individuals who have had stroke etc.
Prior to going I was hoping that I would be able to get on with my placement educator, be able to talk in an informal way to her/him (so that I felt comfortable asking questions etc.) and that I would enjoy my time there. I never guessed that God would give me far more than I could ever have expected!! Settling in was no problem at all as every member of the team has been so welcoming and kind. My placement educator is the best and has involved me in numerous aspects of the work. She is only in her 20's, so I can relate well to her, and she also has a good idea of what student life is like and how best to educate me. I have thuroughly enjoyed every minute of the placement, so praise God! When in university, studying, I often have the feeling of 'I can't do this!' or that I will somehow be useless at OT. However, when on placement, it gives me a drive and I realise how much I enjoy the whole thing and then I start to think, 'hey! I can actually do this!' I suppose that I'll just have to grin and bear the essays for a little while longer...

Comments: Post a Comment


December 2003
September 2004
October 2004
January 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
September 2007
January 2008


Take me to the action!



Alastair
Gillian's MSN Space
Jessika
Jon and Moni
Nigel Barham
Peter
Luke Shackelford
Peter Shackelford
Richard
Tim Caird


Full Name:
Mark Roberts
Occupation:
Occupational Therapist
Location:
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Interests:
Origami, unicycling
Contact Me!
Full Profile